Our family has participated in the Bible Bee for five years now. We have been very blessed by our years spent in the Bible Bee. The Bible Bee is a summer Bible study that your whole family can get involved in. There are study guides for each age level including Beginner and Preschool ones. At the end of the summer there is an opportunity to compete for a chance to go to Nationals and compete with the top 120 participants in each age division.
The Bible Bee wasn’t always easy, but it was always worthwhile. And the more I did it, the more I wanted to do it, and the more I learned. And the more I learned, the more I saw how little I actually knew. And the more I thought I had it, the more I discovered I didn’t. The more I saw my own weakness, the more I saw God’s strength made perfect through that weakness. And the less of me there was, the more of Him there was. And when I finally succeeded, I saw that it wasn’t really me that had done it, but it was God. And as I dwell on the journey God took me on, the more I learn, and the more I hope, and the more I can say…
“Great is Thy faithfulness,” O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!”
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
“Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!
It would be too much to write my whole Bible Bee experience here. It has been a huge part of my life and a major influence on who I am today. Instead I will leave you with a few reasons that you should join the Bible Bee this summer.
Micah’s brother and friends cheering him on at Nationals in San Antonio.
Why You Should Join the Bible Bee
- Since I have started doing Bible Bee I have grown so much in my love for God and His Word. The more time I spend in the Word of God, the more I want to be in it. It is through the reading and studying of His word that we grow in our knowledge of God. His word never returns void.
- Bible Bee provides the encouragement you need to persevere in studying God’s word. You know you are not doing this alone, and there are plenty of other contestants who are there to help you. Also, the competition provides additional motivation to continue on.
- Bible Bee is a way to gain awesome friends and meet new people. You will be able to forge relationships with people with whom you have much in common. (This is especially true if you do Nationals.)
- Bible Bee provides a structure for studying the Bible. So often we can read the Bible and maybe even memorize a verse here or there, but without a structure we can feel like we are just wandering aimlessly through the Bible and don’t really know what we are doing. However, with Bible Bee you have a clear structure that you can follow, and you have the competitive motivation you need to stick to it.
- You should do Bible Bee because it teaches you discipline. Whether it is half an hour a day, or 6 hours a day, you will need discipline to stick to it.
- You should do Bible Bee because it is a lot of fun. Honestly, it provides some of my most enjoyable memories. I enjoy the competition, studying, memorization, and everything else related to Bible Bee. Who cares that it is hard work? Just because it is hard does not mean that it isn’t fun.